Sunday, 24 February 2013

What is the purpose of a digipak?

Digipak is a form of packaging for any type of CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc; the outside of the digipak is usually made from paperboard/cardboard/card stock whilst the inside is a standard plastic, shaped in a way that would hold a CD that is attached to the card that looks like the image below.


 This is a typical set up for a six panel digipak:

 



An example of a real six panel 
The whole purpose of a Digipak is to attract I believe. Reflects the type of music that is on the album/single.




I have been doing research on the digipaks that are in the same genre as ours and I have realised that There are barely any digipaks out there. The only reason I could think of is that the way we consume media is different now and  the fact that dub step is a fairly now music group this may be the reason.

Below is a Chase and Status Single cover.



This is relevant as it has a clear colour scheme and clearly states the name an d this is something I would like to incorperate in my digipak

No comments:

Post a Comment