The music videos I have chosen are:-
· Michael Jackson - Thriller
· Michael Jackson - Bad
· Somebody that I used to know
· Drake - Take care ft Rihanna
· Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Thriller by Michael Jackson
I have chosen Michael Jackson's Thriller as this is a legendary video that still has people watching it until this very day. This is a piece that has many dance sequences throughout which I believe that everyone recognises with amazing costumes and make up just made it compelling to watch. This wasn’t like a normal music video but more like a short film which was released at midnight in the 80’s. With special effects that were just coming out in those days made everyone want to watch it, and it was a big thing. The director showcased the artist quite well as they made short Michael Jackson was the main character at all times, had him at the front and he was the only one where such as vibrant colour even through there was a theme of gloom all the way through the video. The lighting made sure there was spooky feel which is a technique often used for horror movies. What made this film/music video so great was the fact that it had a twist at the end although it was a mainly a performance all the way through telling the story almost.

Another Michael Jackson classic was his video Bad. This video was also had many dance sequences throughout however this was different to his previous video thriller as this was a different theme. The many different camera shots not only made it more entertaining visually but it also made it easier to copy his dance moves which was what most people like to do as Michael Jackson was well known for his own unforgettable unique moves. The director obviously showcased the artist well as they have made sure he is at the front through most of the video or the only one doing something to make his stand out from the big groups. There are multiple close ups of Michael Jacksons face continuously in this video and everything he does is done to the beat. They are not changing location completely but you do get to see a variety of shots which keeps you interested as they seen to be constantly on the move. This video gave you a great deal to look at and for that reason I believe everyone had a reason to watch it more than one.

Somebody that I used to know by Gotye
This is a good video as it is good video as I like the simplicity of it. The fact that its created just by different camera lengths, close ups, long shots etc. and paint they made something that you could just look at. The creativity of the video is what I like the best as it hasn't been done before.
No comments:
Post a Comment